Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Writing and other dangerous activities


On days like today, when the weather is perfect for writing sappy love stories and making figures in the frost on my window, I find my mind running crazy with ideas. It's hard to resist the urge to brainstorm but I have no room right now for more book ideas. Over the last few months I have been working on a novel, which is going excruciatingly slow because of my lack of imagination in the book. While I have been dying to complete this project, I am more excited about other ideas that I've written down over the time that I have been working on said project. So, in spite of being utterly terrified of the idea of starting a new book and leaving my old project behind (for now), I have decided to work on another one of my ideas.

The only problem with this is that I've written down about five other different ideas for novels and their extensions and I'm not sure which I should choose. The most dangerous part of writing, for me anyway, is the decision of what to work on next. I have been considering this for about a month and I still cannot decide. I feel like my brain is going to explode. I have already narrowed the field slightly because one of my ideas includes traveling in my research and that is just not in my budget at the moment. So I was hoping that maybe someone could give me some feedback. On the right side of the page is a poll that will be open until April 1st. I have ideas for all of the options in the poll and I was wondering what you, as the audience, would like to read. You can choose more than one option because I have a few ideas that involve more than one of those elements listed in the poll in the story. Please, help me decide. The question to answer is really, what would you want to pick up on your next trip to the bookstore?

No comments:

Post a Comment